Updated: 3rd Feb 2012
The agreement below outlines our policy in detail. The highlights are as follows:
- We won’t ever allow any other company to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
- We use server logs and third-party analytics services to enable us to understand how our users are using the site and to guide usability and other improvements.
1. Acknowledgement And Acceptance Of Terms
Bag Servant is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website.
By accessing Bag Servant, you acknowledge and fully understand this Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website.
Since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites.
We recommend that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect And How We Use It
Bag Servant collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, and with Cookies.
a. Web Server Logs
When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
- We also use third-party services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze such information.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web Server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
c. Personal Information Provided By Users
Visitors to our website can register to receive personalised services and communications. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, email, and other relevant information.
For other types of registrations, we will ask for the relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you.
For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
If you submit information such as your email address in order to access content, enter competitions, etc, we reserve the right to add you onto our general mailing list.
You can opt out of our emails any time with a single click and we will never sell your information to 3rd parties.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To fulfill your service requests for services
- To protect ourselves from liability
- To respond to legal process or comply with law
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company
- We will never share your email address or other contact information with other companies, except to enable fulfillment of specific requests you have made.
4. Use Of Web Beacons
Our email communications may contain electronic images known as Web beacons, in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these Web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications.
These Web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site.
We prohibit Web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
5. Accessing Web Account Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us via our contact form.
6. Changes To This Statement
Bag Servant has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the ‚”updated” date at the top of this page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
7. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.